Mike's Mets

Monday, February 06, 2006

Pardon the Interruption

Sorry I didn't have time to post any news this morning. I'm in the process of moving this blog to its own domain name and web hosting. I made the decision to do this last week. Blogger started experiencing a lot of downtime again, and I realized that what I hoped to do had outgrown what was an excellent (and free) introduction to Blogging.

With pitchers and catchers reporting in a few days, I decided that I wanted to get this done and out of the way. Since the blog would be running on a different software, I knew there would be some learning curve on my part.

I've actually gotten the blog 90% of the way to how I want it to look. I'll tweak it the rest of the way when I have the content transferred. As of 4 PM this afternoon, I am up to the beginning of January. I anticipate being done by tomorrow.

At that point, I will try to get any incoming links updated, and update my info with BaseballBlogs.org and Technorati. What will probably happen is that I will update both the old and new blogs for a week or two, then stop updating the BlogSpot blog. I'll leave that old one up with a link to the new. All of the old content -- except for reader comments -- will be on the new site. Sorry about the comments -- I couldn't pull off the export/import needed to bring them over.

If you have this blog bookmarked, please update the link to the new address:

www.MikesMets.com

By Tuesday, it will be completely up to date. Thanks for your patience.

This blog has a new home
Visit Our New Web Site