Mike's Mets

Saturday, October 22, 2005

What We're About

This bog has moved.
Visit us in our new home at www.MikesMets.com.

Now that this blog has been up a couple of months I thought I would take the opportunity to tell those of you who might be interested about Mike and Mike's Mets. I started this blog for a couple of reasons -- one, because I got tired of listening to so-called "experts" speak for me as a Met fan; and two, because I came down with Lyme Disease this summer and needed something else to obsess over. I've enjoyed this experience on both counts.

I have no illusion that my writings are devoured by millions, but I was pleasantly surprised that there are quite a few of you out there that stop by and read what I have to say. My old freshman comp teacher taught me that when I was writing an opinion piece to write it like I mean it, so I express my views strongly. This blog's reason for being is to share my personal opinions (hence the name "Mike's Mets), but I do respect those of you that don't share my opinion, and actually enjoy hearing from you when you disagree. I'm really not in love with my own opinions, although I do develop a crush on them from time to time.

As for dealing with the Lyme Disease, writing this has been both therapy and a welcome distraction. My biggest problem -- other than the fact I was misdiagnosed and poorly treated at the stage where Lyme is fairly easy to cure -- is that I deal with constant headaches and dizziness, the kind you get when you come down with a bad flu, except these have lasted for months. I look back at some of my postings and I can tell when I was having a bad day by how disjointed they are, but I really believe the effort to focus mentally and write something coherent is a big help. Also, I don't want to obsess over this stupid disease, writing this blog allows me to obsess over the Mets, which is infinitely more fun.

Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own. This site is absolutely "unofficial" and is not affiliated in any way with the New York Mets.

This blog has a new home
Visit Our New Web Site