Mike's Mets

Saturday, October 01, 2005

A Tale of Two Pitchers

Mets 3 - Rockies 2

Thursday night's game was all about Tom Glavine, and his remarkable turnaround. To me, last night was about both Kris Benson and Aaron Heilman. It was nice to see Kris pitch a decent game and get a win after a month-and-a-half where he seemed to be auditioning to pitch next year's Home Run Derby. Despite that, all in all I think it was a successful first year for Benson with the Mets, and he looks like a solid #3 starter for next year.

As for Aaron Heilman, the second half of the season has really been a revelation for the kid who came back from the dead this year. I'm not going to jump into the debate as to whether or not he can be next year's closer -- I'm going to wait until after tomorrow to tackle topics like that -- but I am sure that he can help us next year, and the experience he gained this year can only contribute to that.

Sorry for the short post. I have to head out of here, as I am going to the game tonight.

This blog has a new home
Visit Our New Web Site